Portobello Beach

I've been working away in my studio, going a wee bit stir crazy. So when we awoke to a gorgeous day on Saturday, we just had to go to Portobello (a.k.a. Porty) Beach! It's only 20 minutes away by bus, yet light-years away mentally. I emailed some friends who live there to meet us for lunch at the Espy (with their dogs) and off we went! (Hi Penelope and James!)
It was immediately obvious that we weren't the only ones with the idea of a day at the beach. No worries, being surrounded by people eager to have a good time fills the air with positive and healing vibes.

We also happened across the Portobello Art Walk - more on that in tomorrow's post.
Meanwhile, the beach was gorgeous and made us happy.
We watched sailboats,children playing and dogs. OH, the dogs! I've said it before and I'll say it again. If reincarnation is real, I don't want to come back as a human. No. I want to come back as a doggie on Porty Beach!
You have never seen so many happy dogs in one place. They bounce and run and chase and sniff and get along with each other and their humans wonderfully (many without leashes). They also dig. Heck, so do the children.
So you have to watch for holes as you walk on the sand. Truly, dogs on Porty are the happiest creatures I have ever seen in my life and it does my heart such good.
After a long day of enjoying artists studios, walking on the beach, lunch with friends, and soaking up the loveliness, we stopped for tea at The Beach House.
I had sand in my shoes and a smile on my face, just the way I like it. Ahhhhhh.

No comments: