Roanoke Farmer's Market

While teaching at Hollins University, each Saturday many of us trot to downtown Roanoke in search of relaxation and peaches. Here I am with Mark Braught and Karen Coats in the adorable city center.
Downtown Roanoke is an adorable oasis of shops, restaurants, and on Saturdays, the Farmer's Market.
The farmer's market is positively magical.
The veggies are gorgeous and picked by the very hands that sell them to us.

Of course, the main reason I go is for the peaches - they're the size of softballs and delicious!
We also shop... at my favorite dress shop on the planet - LaDeDa. The wine shop represents many local wineries. I loved this label with a cicada.
And my fave cajun restaurant, where I've been indulging this shrimp and grits obsession...
also has a bloody mary bar on Saturdays. Here I am with Mary Jane Begin and Mark.
Yup - downtown Roanoke is the perfect place for us to unwind and enjoy our treasure of summers at Hollins.

No comments: