Friends Come to Visit!

I have felt so loved this past weekend! My dear friend Vicky Alvear Shecter drove all the way up from Atlanta to see me while I'm in the US. Her daughter, Aliya, joined her and we have been having such a marvelous time - I have to share!
     They arrived late Thursday, so we went to "Hollywoods" for dinner. Friday, I arranged a Meet n' Greet for our Hollins students and faculty to meet Vicky and ask her questions about her books, history and creative non-fiction and historical fiction. She drew a crowd!
That evening we saw the new Ghost Busters - fun. Saturday, we went to downtown Roanoke to hang out at the farmer's market and wander about - a weekend ritual.
There are all sorts of hidden treasures in Roanoke, like the fish tanks (Aliya's blue hair matched perfectly)...
and the rooftop deck with a fabulous view of this adorable city in the middle of the Blue Ridge Mountains. Here we are: Mark Braught, Candice Ransom, Me, Aliya and Vicky.
There's even a coi pond up there!
I had fun picking out clothes for my friends in my fave clothing shop - La De Da. One of the downtown stores has the friendliest boxer on the planet, Rutger. He loved Aliya.
That evening we went to a cookout - more on that soon!

No comments: