Sidewalks of Bologna

The city of Bologna is filled with colonnades, arch-covered sidewalks which keep you dry from the rain. It's a signature thing here and they are quite famous for them. And while it's lovely to look UP at all the fancy arches, I couldn't help but look DOWN. Because below my feet were some of the most stunning textures - marble, terra cotta, stone. This is what Italians walk on every day here and it seems no two sidewalks are quite the same. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did!












Read all of my Bologna Blog wrap-ups at:
1. Bologna Children’s Book Fair!
2. Bologna – the Arrival
3. Beautiful Bologna
4. Sidewalks of Bologna
5. The Bologna Book Fair
6. The Illustrators’ Wall at the Bologna Childen’s Book Fair
7. SCBWI in Bologna
8. The Post Book Fair Fall Apart
9. Closing thoughts and out n’ about in Bologna

No comments: