Off to Hollins University!


Saturday, I leave once again for Hollins University to teach Design in the first and only MFA in Writing AND Illustrating Children's Books in the country. This is in conjunction with the already established MFA in Children's Literature and Certificate in Children's Book Illustration programs (which I co-taught with Ruth Sanderson last year).
      The program is six weeks of crazy busy, wildly inspiring and creative learning for the students and the instructors. You can read my wrap ups from last year by clicking the "Hollins University" tab in the sidebar, or going here. I'm so looking forward to getting back!! I highly recommend this program and can attest to the intellectual, inspiring, and magical environment that Hollins creates each summer on the pristine campus in Roanoke, Virginia - right in the heart of the Appalachian Mountains. It is where my brain goes to expand and play among peers who happen to be some of the most successful names in children's literature. Will you join us?

No comments: