Halloween was FUN!


I know my favorite holiday is now past, but I want to share some of the fun things I did...

Saturday I had two book signings for LULA'S BREW at two of my favorite bookstores. I had a wonderful crowd at Avid Bookshop in Athens, Georgia. It's a sweet, small space, so it's hard to get a crowd shot. (Straight out of You've Got Mail.) You'll just have to trust me on that one!
     Afterwards, Stan and I went to lunch at The Grit (my fave!) with nearby friends Gail Karwoski and Mark Braught.

Then we drove to Gainesville, Georgia and Hall Book Exchange for their 24-hour Read-A-Thon fundraiser to support the Gainesville/Hall County Alliance for Literacy. I had the pleasure of being teamed up with SANTA CLAUS - how's that for hilarious!? 'Twas much fun.

And then there was Halloween itself. Our driveway has become the gathering spot for tired adults and the one-stop-trick-or-treat-spot for the houses around us. We give out beer, serve chili and snacks. The children in their sweet costumes end up being the wonderful entertainment for our party. No wonder it's my favorite holiday!

No comments: