Revising my novel...

causes good nails. Yup. As I'm working on my mid-grade novel, I sometimes get stuck or just need some thinking time. So, I've taken to painting my nails while I do it.
     You have to understand - this is revolutionary. I'm an artist. My hands are my TOOLS. I have rarely ever treated them nicely or done anything pretty to them. So this is quite 'out there' for me.
     Like the color?
      I have to admit I'm not very good at painting them, so this may not last for long. Or maybe, I'll just paint each one a different color. Hm. (Also, am I the only one who feels like my nails can't breathe with nail polish on?)
      Oh, showers are good too. I've renamed the shower the "Miracle Room!" Ideas and plot lines flow like water in there - pun intended.
      Walks are good too, although people tend to stare when I'm talking to myself.
     Hey! It's not me, it's my characters battling it out!
      What do you do to get the creative juices flowing?

3 comments:

Jodi Carmichael said...

Showers, long car drives, walks - all great places for plot knots to untie themselves and characters to start telling you their deepest, darkest secrets.

Sounds like you're well on your way!

Elizabeth O Dulemba said...

Indeed!!! Of course, the manicure is already toast after my swim this morning! Oh well!

Vicky Alvear Shecter said...

OMG, I love that color! For me it's walking or pacing that gets the juices flowing. Can't wait to hear how it's going for ya!