EVE AND ADAM - Review


Katherine Applegate and her husband, Michael Grant, have created a wonderful story which I enjoyed as an audiobook (read by Jenna Lamia and Holter Graham) thanks to their publisher, Feiwel & Friends (Macmillan).
     It was no surprise that I'd love this story, considering Katherine just won the Newbery for her book THE ONE AND ONLY IVAN. She's an amazing writer, as is her husband. (Think Animorphs, Gone, BZRK, etc.)
     Eve (Evening) is the daughter of a brilliant and secretive medical researcher. When Eve nearly loses her leg in an accident, her mother whisks her off to recover at the research center. There she meets Solo, a mysterious boy who lives at the research center. To keep her busy, Eve's mother has her design the perfect boy (Adam) using a new software program. But it soon becomes clear that the program is no game...
     There's a great interview of the two authors at The Horn Book: Two and one-half questions for Katherine Applegate and Michael Grant.
     I must admit, of the audiobooks I receive, I rarely recommend them. That's why it gives me great pleasure to highly recommend this one!

No comments: