Atlanta Neighborhood Charter School

You know I love doing school visits, right? Well, this past week was the first time I've ever visited an old fashioned multiple story school building, and it was right in the heart of Atlanta. How sweet is this?

It's the Atlanta Neighborhood Charter School - very cool!
     Fabulous children's book author Laurel Snyder got me the kind invitation and I'm so grateful. SUCH a sweet school! They started the day with an assembly of all the students. Some made presentations about a recent field trip, then they all sang a song together. Seeing Laurel with her boys in her lap while they sang seriously brought tears to my eyes. Can you imagine starting every day like that?
     The kids were wonderful, of course, as I shared some of my books, talked about shading and light, and the evolution of storytelling. (Click an image to see it larger.)



     I even signed some books. Gotta love it when a child hugs your book like a teddy bear - does a heart good.
     Thanks to Jill Hanson, the librarian, for taking such good care of me! I hope to visit again soon.

4 comments:

Vicky Alvear Shecter said...

That school looks awesome. And that kid hugging your book? PRECIOUS!

Sharon Stanley said...

Ahhh, reminds me of my old elementary school. Looks like a great group of kids!

Julie Hedlund said...

Lovely post - and a kid hugging your book? Priceless!

Elizabeth O Dulemba said...

I know - it makes me so happy! :) e