Good News for Us Creative Types!

     I'm proud to say I'm a "woo-woo" kind of gal! Yup - a right brainer all the way. Rarely touch down, live in the clouds. It's been a detriment most of my life, but apparently that's all about to change...
     Lisa Jacobi of Steel String Session turned me on to this article and Oprah interview with Daniel Pink, author of "A Whole New Mind."

WHY RIGHT-BRAINIERS WILL RULE THIS CENTURY

     What's most encouraging about this article is his focus on story and storytelling as experiencing a much needed comeback. Even though this is a book for adults, it's surprisingly on topic for children's book creators and publishers!
     I also loved the term "symphony" - the ability to see the big picture and connect the dots. So much of this business is learning to recognize opportunities and different angles, people, points that can help each other - something I've turned out to be surprisingly good at. But this ability to 'symphonize' was never really identified as a skill until this book.
     I gotta get a copy! But as hubbie said, "Don't go givin' her a big head now."
     I dunno - left-brainers have been running our world for so long. Don't you think it's about time us creatives were due a bit of big-headedness?
     Read the article and tell me which skills YOU have.

No comments: