El dia de los ninos ~ el dia de los libros

     Today is El dia de los ninos ~ el dia de los libros! What's that? The Association for Library Service to Children names it as such:

     Celebrate!
     El día de los niños/El día de los libros (Children's Day/Book Day), known as Día, is a celebration EVERY DAY of children, families, and reading that culminates every year on April 30. The celebration emphasizes the importance of advocating literacy for children of all linguistic and cultural backgrounds.


or more appropriately:

     Celebremos!
     El 30 de abril es una fecha muy significativa para los niños. Se celebra el día de los niños y de los libros. Esta celebración se conoce como El día de los niños/ El día de los libros, y celebra la alegría y las maravillas de la infancia y la importancia de los libros en nuestra vida.


     In celebration I'm reading Paco and the Giant Chile Plant ~ Paco y la planta de chile gigante at the Decatur Library today along with a Mariachi Band - can't wait! ¡Si, Celebremos!

Update:
We had a muy divertido time yesterday. The auditorium was decorated to the hilt thanks to the efforts of the Decatur librarians and Joe of the Georgia Center for the Book. Patricia took tons of pictures for me to choose from, although I must admit I make a lot of silly faces when I'm talking to kids. She was good, she got every one of 'em! (And no, I'm not going to share - you'll just have to catch me in person one day!) I really do love sharing stories with kids - they ask great questions and offer hilarious input. So even though this first picture is blurry, I love the joy in it. I let the kids come up on stage with me, so they were all over the stairs and we had a great time. Rosebud the vaca ended up being yellow this time (she's turned into a cow of a different color). Here are some of the brilliant gals who answered my Spanish quiz questions correctly at the end - they all got sombreros! Yo y mis tres amigas!

No comments: